The Arc Turret is a building in the Military section that protects the area surrounding it using fatal bolts of energy. It uses iridium from a pipe and used 8 iridium per shot prior to the 5th January 2019 update. It now uses 30 Iridium per shot. It also damages 10 HP per hit, causing the player to be killed in 10 hits (without healing).
An Arc Turret can be used to destroy nearby Satchel Charges placed by enemies.
Pros & Cons
- The bolts shot by the turret deal a high amount of damage towards raiders.
- Its accuracy is perfect, as all shots will be guaranteed to hit.
- Arc turrets can shoot through objects, regardless if it's a wall, ceiling, or through a building.
- Can destroy Satchel Charges
- Requires a couple of max level pumps to function, otherwise Iridium is wasted.
- When making mini-bases on the mainland, you should always have at least 1 turret to protect your base from enemy charges.
- Building Arc Turrets underneath the floor will make it nearly impossible for it to be destroyed.
- If you are not planning to build an Arsenal, then you should make turrets instead to give your base some protection from intruders.
- If you suspect that rushers will destroy your base, make turrets to ensure that they will think twice about attacking you.
- Regular turrets are known to glitch out and fall through the floor when making blueprints for them. However, Arc Turrets seem to not have this glitch.