It can be used to punish players that you want revenge from by sabotaging their pipelines, equipment or killing players who are close to you. To detonate the charges you place down, press the E key on your keyboard. A good strategy to use a satchel charge on is to pile a bunch of Satchel Charges on a hover barge and detonate them when you land on someone's base. Make sure you don't land on any Arc Turrets! It is also used to topple bases, however since the addition of the Laser Drill satchel charges are obsolete.
As of January 5th, 2019, Satchel Charges can now destroy pipes in one charge.
Pros & Cons
- Can be bunched and detonated together on an object to easily destroy it.
- Relatively affordable for early game stages
- Great for destroying walls and obliterating bases
- High damage and absolutely no recoil
- Can attach it to your teammates and detonate it when they have infiltrated another island, causing structural damage at the cost of their life
- Can sneak on enemies and attach it to them and detonate when they are inside their base (Worth note: smart people will likely go to an Arc Turret to remove the charge if need be, or just plainly reset.)
- Short range
- Costs a lot of iridium to place the explosives
- Can kill team accidentally if they walk near at the wrong time
- Destroyed by Arc Turrets
|Guns 1||Assault Rifle • Minigun • Sub Machine Gun|
|Guns 2||Shotgun • Sniper Rifle|
|Explosives||Grenade Launcher • Rocket Launcher • Satchel Charge • Cruise Missile|
|Tools||Scanner • Laser Drill|
|Tactical Strikes||Laser Strike|
|Inventory||Portafab • Pistol|